Concatenate Columns is a column merging tool with a few added options.
- Input range: Allows you to set the range to concatenate (it will initially contain the range selected prior to opening the form). Each row in the selected range is concatenated separately.
- Output range: The first cell where the column of results will be output.
- Delimiter: Optional character(s) that will be placed between cell content.
- Enclose content in quotes: If checked, the content of each cell will be quoted. This is useful if concatenating with a comma delimiter and any of the cell content contains commas.
- Reverse concatenation order: If checked, the range will be joined from right to left. For example, if the input range is A1:C1, then the concatenation will be C1 + B1 + A1 instead of A1 + B1 + C1.
- Trim text before joining: Trims any excess spaces from the from or end of the cell content before concatenating them.
- Save workbook: See Close and Re-Open Workbook for details.
Merging numeric cells without a delimiter will create a numeric output, not a textual combination of the values.