User-Level Setup (recommended for most users)
Our default setup files require only user-level permissions. If you experience any issues with the installation, most likely you will need to use an admin-level setup file, available in the next section below.
|Product||Downloads (30-Day Free Trial)||Version||System Requirements|
|FlowBreeze 4||FlowBreeze Setup||Zipped Setup||4.5.1025||
|Spreadspeed 2||Spreadspeed Setup||Zipped Setup||2.5.1028|
Some organizations have tighter security restrictions which may block our default user-level setups. If you have installed FlowBreeze or Spreadspeed and experienced any installation or loading problems, the admin-level setups below have resolved most of the issues reported to our support. If you do not have administrative privileges on your system, you will need to have your IT department assist with the setup.
|Product||Admin-Level Setup||Version||System Requirements|
|FlowBreeze 4||Admin Setup||Zipped Setup||4.5.1025||
|Spreadspeed 2||Admin Setup||Zipped Setup||2.5.1028|
PDF Help Files
The add-ins ship with integrated help files available via the Help menu, but if you prefer a PDF version you can download a copy below:
After you download the setup file, please follow these steps to install and register FlowBreeze and Spreadspeed. The trial downloads are the full version. When you order a license, you will receive a confirmation email containing a license key that unlocks any trial limitations.
- Save the setup file to a convenient location.
- Close Excel if it is running.
- If you have turned off User Account Control (UAC), re-enable it in the Windows Control Panel before running the installer.
- Double-click the setup file to start the installation. If you downloaded the zipped version, run the setup file ending in “.exe”.
- When Excel starts, if you are prompted to install the VSTO file, click the Install button to complete the setup.
"Some active content has been disabled"
If you see message shown below, it's because you have the "Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher" option checked under Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings (by default, Excel has this option unchecked). You'll need to manually enable the add-in by following the steps below. Our software is digitally signed for security, and these steps will register our digital certificate on your system.
- Do not click the "Enable Content" button. That only enables the add-in for the current session. Instead, click the underlined "Some active content has been disabled. Click for more details." text.
- Clicking the above will open the Info screen. Click the "Enable Content" dropdown button and select "Advanced Options" as shown below.
- The Microsoft Office Security Options windows will open, as shown below. Select the "Enable all code published by this publisher" option and click OK. This registers our digital certificate on your system.
Site-Wide Installation and Deployment
Site deployment: Our customers use a variety of tools for site deployment (GPO, SCCM, SCE, custom scripts, etc.), and unfortunately we cannot provide detailed technical support for each. However, we use a toolset from Add-in Express that handles the registration and loading of the add-in, and they have provided a useful set of instructions for deploying add-ins via Group Policy that many administrators have found useful: How to install a COM add-in using Windows Server Group Policy.
License key deployment: The license key can be placed in a text file, named either “FlowBreeze4.lic” for FlowBreeze deployments or “Spreadspeed2.lic” for Spreadspeed deployments. This file can be deployed to the installation folder or to the user's Documents folder.
MSI files: If you need direct access to the MSI file for mass deployment, you can download the zipped version, which contains both an EXE bootstrapper and the MSI.
User Account Control (UAC): If the user has turned off UAC, re-enable it in the Windows Control Panel before running the installer.
Special FlowBreeze Installation Instructions for Windows XP and Vista
As of January, 2016, Microsoft requires setup files to be digitally signed with a “SHA-256” digital certificate on Windows 7, 8, and 10. However, Windows XP and Vista do not recognize SHA-256, which causes the setup to fail. To work around this issue, you can take the following steps:
- Download the Zipped FlowBreeze Setup File.
- Unzip the file.
- Run the installer setup file ending with the “.exe” extension.
- If you get an error message during installation, do the following:
- Cancel the installation.
- Double-click the ".msi" file.
- If prompted with a security warning that the “publisher could not be verified”, click the “Run” button to continue.
Please note that Spreadspeed does not support XP or Vista. Spreadspeed targets the .NET Framework 4.6.1, which is not supported on pre-Windows 7 systems.
Because FlowBreeze is a Microsoft Excel add-in, there is no Start menu item to directly open FlowBreeze. Instead, you will need to open Excel in order to launch FlowBreeze.
Our software is digitally signed for security. The first time it loads, and periodically afterwards, Excel will validate the certificate. Usually it only takes a few seconds, but occasionally it can take longer and Excel will resume normal startup after validation is complete.
License Registration Instructions
If you have already purchased a license, please follow these steps to register the software.
- Open Excel.
- Click on the FlowBreeze or Spreadspeed ribbon tab, depending which product you ordered.
- Click the “Help” drop down and select “Register” from the menu.
- On the registration screen, enter your license key and click OK.
(To prevent typos, it is recommended that you copy and paste the license key into the form.
FlowBreeze: Click here to see the FlowBreeze change log.
Spreadspeed: Click here to see the Spreadspeed change log.
Note: The setup files below require admin privileges on your system.
|Product||Version||Supported Platforms||Download Link|
|FlowBreeze 3||3.18.806||Excel 2003 - 2010
Windows XP, Vista
FlowBreeze 3 Setup
FlowBreeze 3 Admin Setup
|FlowBreeze 2||2.6.16||Excel 2000 - 2010
Windows 2000 - XP
|FlowBreeze 2 Setup|
|Spreadspeed||1.5.708||Excel 2007 - 2013
Windows Vista - 10
|Spreadspeed 1 Setup|
Pre-Made Flowchart Template Pack
These templates should not be used with FlowBreeze. They are offered free for anyone that wants pre-made swim lanes, but they were created before the Template Generator was added to FlowBreeze. With the Template Generator, it only takes a minute to create a custom template, and the templates are more compatible with the current version of FlowBreeze. Click here to download the flowchart template pack