|Setup Files||Downloads||Version||System Requirements|
|FlowBreeze Setup File||Setup Download Zip Download||3.10.131||Excel: 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, XP, or 2000
Windows: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, or XP SP3
.NET 4.0 Framework
|Spreadspeed Setup File||Coming soon!||—||Excel: 2013, 2010, or 2007
Windows: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, or XP SP3
.NET 4.0 Framework
PDF Help Files
The add-ins ship with integrated help files, but if you prefer a PDF version, you can download a copy below:
- FlowBreeze Help File ( PDF)
- Spreadspeed Help File - Coming soon.
After you download the setup file, please follow these steps to install and register FlowBreeze and Spreadspeed. The trial downloads are the full version. When you order a license, you will receive a confirmation email containing a license key that unlocks any trial limitations.
- Save the setup file to a convenient location.
- Close Excel if it is running.
- Double-click the setup file to start the installation and follow the prompts in the setup wizard.
- We recommended that you keep the installation directory set to the default location due to security restrictions.
- If you need an installer that can install to a protected folder (such a Program Files), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an installer with administrative privileges.
- Do not install the add-in to a network drive. FlowBreeze and Spreadspeed are COM add-ins, which must be installed to the local drive.
Site-Wide Installation and Deployment
Site deployment: Our customers use a variety of tools for site deployment (GPO, SCCM, SCE, custom scripts, etc.), and unfortunately we cannot provide detailed technical support for each. However, we use a toolset from Add-in Express that handles the registration and loading of the add-in, and they have provided a useful set of instructions for deploying add-ins via Group Policy that many administrators have found useful: How to install a COM add-in using Windows Server Group Policy.License key deployment: The license key can be placed in a text file and saved as “FlowBreeze3.lic”. This file can be deployed to the installation folder (C:\Users\AppData\Local\FlowBreeze3\ by default) or to the user's My Documents folder.
MSI files: The setup file is a bootstrapper that checks prerequisites, sets permissions, and downloads the MSI installer. If you need direct access to the MSI file, you can download the installer here: FlowBreeze MSI File.
Installing for all users: The default installer is a user-level setup that installs under the user's \AppData directory and runs only in the user-profile under which it was installed. If you need an admin-level installer that installs to \Program Files and runs for all user profiles on a system, you can download the admin bootstrapper EXE setup file and MSI installer here: FlowBreeze Admin EXE Setup and FlowBreeze Admin MSI File. Note: A user-level version and an admin-level version can both be installed to the same system. Because of how COM add-ins are registered in the Windows registry, this is not recommended and care should be taken to uninstall the user-level version before running an admin-level installer.
.NET Framework Installation
FlowBreeze requires the .NET 4.0 framework (or newer). Windows 8 comes with the .NET 4.0 framework pre-installed, and on Windows 7 and Vista, .NET 4.0 is part of the recommended updates available through the Windows Update system. On XP, you must be running Service Pack 3 (SP3) to install the 4.0 framework. If you cannot locate the installation option through the Windows Update options, you can download and install the .NET 4.0 framework from the Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851
Because FlowBreeze is a Microsoft Excel add-in, there is no Start menu item to directly open FlowBreeze. Instead, you will need to open Excel in order to launch FlowBreeze.
Our software is digitally signed for security. The first time it loads, and periodically afterwards, Excel will validate the certificate. Usually it only takes a few seconds, but occasionally it can take longer and Excel will resume normal startup after validation is complete.
License Registration Instructions
If you have already purchased a license, please follow these steps to register the software.
- Open Excel.
- Click the “Help” drop down and select “Register” from the menu.
- On the registration screen, enter your license key and click OK.
(To prevent typos, it is recommended that you copy and paste the license key into the form.
Updates and Upgrades
Major version upgrades (e.g., 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, ...) are announced via email to existing customers when they are released. Major version upgrades are free if you ordered within 90 days of the release date and are available at a discount for all other customers. Minor version updates (e.g., 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, ...) are always free. Several importants points to know about updates are:
- You can check for updates via the Help menu.
- The old version must be uninstalled before installing the new version. Uninstallation instructions are available in the help file.
- The “trial” download is the full version. Your license key simply unlocks the 30 day trial limitation.
- Your license key and customized settings are retained between uninstallation and reinstallation.
FlowBreeze: Click here to see the FlowBreeze change log.
Spreadspeed: Coming soon!
Pre-Made Flowchart Template Pack
Please read before downloading: These templates should not be used with FlowBreeze. They are offered free for anyone that wants pre-made swim lanes, but they were created before the Template Generator was added to FlowBreeze. With the Template Generator, it only takes a minute to create a custom template, and the templates are more compatible with the current version of FlowBreeze.