Advanced Trim Tool
In addition to standard leading and trailing space trimming, the Advanced Trim tool allows you to trim based on a set of criteria.
- Trim leading and trim trailing: You can trim one or both with the following options:
- White space: spaces, tabs, or hidden new line characters.
- Number of characters: Specify a fixed number of characters to trim.
- Before / after characters: Specify one or more characters to trim before.
- Inclusive / Exclusive: When trimming before or after specific characters, inclusive will trim the specified characters and exclusive will not.
- Numbers: Trim any leading or trailing numeric characters.
- Letters: Trim any leading or trailing letter characters.
- Non-alphanumeric: Trim any leading or trailing characters that are not letters or numbers.
- Trim all excess white space: Trims double spaces, tabs, or new line characters in the middle of the text.