Find Unmatched Rows
The Find Unmatched Rows tool compares the rows from two tables (worksheet ranges) and create a new table listing all the rows that exist in one table but not the other.
- Table 1 items not found in Table 2: This option outputs all of the Table 1 rows with no matches in Table 2.
- Table 2 items not found in Table 1: This option outputs all of the Table 2 rows with no matches in Table 1.
- Table 1: Select the workbook, worksheet, and range where Table 1 is located. The "tables" do not have to be Excel tables - any range will work.
- Table 2: Select the workbook, worksheet, and range where Table 1 is located.
- Select Matching Columns: In the second step of the dialog, you select the columns to match on between Table 1 and Table 2.
- Ignore case for text matching: If checked, the text casing is ignored when comparing the fields in matching columns.
- Select Output Columns: Select the columns that you want included in the output table.
- Output To: You can output to a new worksheet (in the same workbook as Table 1) or to a new workbook.
- Worksheet name: Optional field to name the output worksheet.